“And now, to complement the self-reccing meme, a meme for reccing things made by other people!”
1. Something old
“Civilian”, by velvetwhip, caught me by surprise. I’m not too deep into character explorations that don’t mix with anything else, but this post-“Chosen” Willow-Riley interaction had some pointed and effective insights. (If I ever drew velvetwhip in a remix, I would go to town on this story, because I can feel it singing with possibilities.) The ending, too, moved it out of standard and into a different area: not a twist, exactly, more like something saying This is not a genre story, it’s what it is and THAT is how you need to see it.
I really do like more meat in a story — one reason that adding an action sequence is practically a trademark of my remixes — but “Civilian” hit its own mark with style and distinction.
- - - -
3. Something for your fav character/pairing
4. Something for a character you don’t like / pairing you don’t ship
5. Something that’s underappreciated by the universe
6. Something that’s a gateway drug
7. Something you reread/rewatch/look at again