I realized recently that, though I make a post every time I add a cover banner to one of my stories, I’ve not always done that when I post a new story that already has a banner. This one will make up for the existing deficits.
The first one is a slightly exceptional case. sroni had already done a banner for me for “Rough Trade” (November 2014), but then comlodge turned out one I liked better, so I used that instead for the cover … but then stuck sroni’s at the beginning of the first chapter. Yeah, I can do that.
“Tea and Oranges”, published four months ago:
And, of course, the just- And that’s all, folks.
And that’s all, folks.
Some months ago, as part of the Fandom Snowflake Challenge, I did a cryptic list of the fics I intended to write in 2016 (here). Posting it that way was my attempt at commitment: it would be harder for me to let it slide it was there for people to see.
That was the theory, anyhow. With one thing and another, it wasn’t until this week that I posted the first fic — “Curious Poses”, the ‘CP’ on my projected fic list — which doesn’t at all accord with the one-per-month average I needed to maintain. (More positively, I’m already a few hundred words into ‘tONIDoK’, the next on that list.) Because I was genuinely serious about the commitment, however, the more tardy I was in finishing that first story, the less inclined I was to let myself indulge in anything else on LiveJournal. The result is that, except for a few comments on other folks’ posts, I let my LJ presence lapse to near-nothing for three months.
( Since my last Fandom Snowflake Challenge post, then, the following things have occurred: )